Friday, September 23, 2005

I've Got Mail

Well, I can see you guys aren't into the concept of blogging just yet. Not too many comments in the comments section but that's ok because I haven't had any time to respond. Still, I have gotten private emails -- thanks for the website advice, you guys! -- and a few questions about my perfume. I thought I'd share these and my responses here:

Question 1: I bought two of your "perfumes" while on vacation in Thermopolis, WY. [Imagine my surprise to receive this just a few weeks after I visited there myself!] What is it about your products that give you the brain shift? I found this with the "Balanced Caregiving". It actually felt like my neurons were changing and I started to react differently than before. I reach for the vial often....

Reply: I love how you describe what happens with Balanced Caregiving. I'm actually in the middle of writing a book I hope will help people understand this phenomena in detail. When your body/mind is under stress it produces (or fails to produce) neurochemicals that we use for healthy emotional and physical balance. This is just a theory -- but I believe that flower essences and essential oils trigger the body to correct this neurochemical imbalance ... which we, of course, would be able to do ourselves if we could get ourselves out the damaging or depleted emotional state to begin with. But it's just a trigger -- it's our own brains that do the work. The amount of flower essence and essential oil I use doesn't have any clearly detectable amount of neurochemical in it. I think it works energetically...that is to say, on the level of electrons and the like.

Question 2: Are any of your Mama Love perfumes appropriate for men?

Reply: Well, I was thinking that women were more likely to use them but there are a few that I think men would especially like. Manifesting Life Purpose has a really nice grounding smell that I think of as more "male" (although it's one of MY personal favorites to wear myself). I also think Restful Sleep is pretty unisex-- it's musky and deep (nothing light and sweet about that one!) Focussed Attention (this used to be called "Creative Focus") smells like cinnamon and vanilla. I personally LOVE that smell on men. And Trusting Inner Guidance, which has a woodsy character from the Sandalwood, is also pretty unisex.

Question 3: Which are your most popular perfumes?

Reply: That depends on the context. Because I do spiritual counseling and healing work people tend to come to me when they are in some kind of distress or life change. The ones that people buy most from me are Troubled Times, Restful Sleep and Manifesting Life Purpose. But when I brought them to my African dance class last week all anyone wanted was Heart-Centered Sexuality! Go figure.

No comments: