Sunday, March 16, 2008

Once -- A Musical Movie Masterpiece

Paul and I rented the movie "Once" last night. wow, wow,wow. That's all I can think of to say. It's fiction but it feels so real you'd swear it was a documentary. And that's an amazing thing to say about a movie that calls itself a "modern musical." One of its songs won an Academy award and it's not even my favorite song from this movie. I want to buy the soundtrack. (I just did.) I don't think I've said that about a movie in my life. The official website where you can listen to all the songs is http://www.foxsearchlight.com/once/ . I downloaded the award winning one to upload here. Maybe it will work. We'll see. Nope, sorry, it didn't work. But it's the movie I wanted to talk about. An uplifting vignette of two people who seem Divinely brought together to change each other's lives. . . or at least to touch each other and the world with their trying. Paul and I felt inspired.

Here are a couple of video clips with scenes from the movie featuring two songs I really liked. The first one is the Academy Award winner. The second is one of at least three others that could have won.



No comments: