Thursday, September 04, 2008

Sleep, Baby, Sleep -- Chamomile Flower Essence


This image from my Flower Essence Awareness Deck (still in the works) is what I created for Chamomile Flower Essence.

Chamomile tea is an age-old remedy for insomnia and restlessness, especially for children, and has also traditionally been used for colic and a wide range of other stomach upsets. In Flower Essence Therapy Chamomile is used the same way but works specifically on releasing emotional tension that tends to build throughout the course of a busy or stressful day.

I use Chamomile in both essential oil and flower essence form in my popular Mama Love for Restful Sleep Flower Essence Aromatherapy formula, available as a "perfume" and as a body, bath or massage oil for more extensive use.

Chamomile is a sunny plant. Used regularly it can help you remember that the sun is always out even when it's hidden behind the clouds. Relax and breathe, imagine resting in your own little patch of Chamomile, and release.

This image is available as a 6 x 9 print through my Etsy shop. It can also be found on greeting cards, mugs, T-shirts, totebags and a wide variety of other products through Cafepress .

3 comments:

Treasures by Tina said...

I don't have kids, but I've heard great things about chamomile (and lavender).

Your artwork is great! It really captures the emotions of the tortured parent and screaming baby. :)

Sock Monkey Jungle said...

lovely artwork! wish i had known about these helpful calming remedies when my were younger very interesting blog thanks for sharing :)

Conscientia's Cameos said...

I'm going to have a cup of tea now after reading this; I am a tea addict!