Saturday, October 25, 2008

Couldn't We All Use a Little Mama Love?


Mama Love Flower Essence Aromatherapy was given a plug in two popular blogs this week -- Organic Beauty Expert and The Scented Life. I appreciate them both for doing that, of course, but the one in The Scented Life particularly touched me because the author of the blog wrote about what was at the heart of Mama Love, something I forget to talk about much myself.

Mama Love is not named "Mama Love" because I sell products for new mothers! So many people make that assumption that sometimes I fret over having named my product line this at all.

No, Mama Love is called Mama Love because I think of the love most of us receive from our mothers as being the most nurturing, most unconditional, most nourishing love we experience when we're very young and that's the feeling I wanted to evoke in the products I sell.

Thank you, Amy, at The Scented Life for reminding me to tell the truth. It's not just about health and healing. It's not just about having fun (although that's true, too). It's about having the experience of having created a product that made me feel as loved and as safe as a baby being held securely in her mother's arms. And then deciding to share that formula (Mama Love for Troubled Times) with the world.

It turns out that formula isn't the most popular one -- "Mama Love for Releasing Worry and Fear" holds that distinction. But the intent behind the product line's name remains the same.

Mama Love. The most healing love -- in physical form -- of them all.

1 comment:

Stacey said...

so sweet