Friday, November 21, 2008

My Introduction to Flower Essences Video

Don't know why editing video seemed to be more important than packing this morning. Well, actually, I DO know why. It's a lot more fun to be doing something that feels creative. Relocation could be seen as an act of creation in itself....but the first few steps involve dismantling everything you've created in one location and letting it go.

I shot this video in the herb bed at the UCSC Farm and Garden. Pretty spot and relatively quiet although it was surprising how noisy the traffic was even there. I understand that it's silent way out in the desert at Paul's mother's house. If it's not freezing cold maybe we'll shoot some videos on her front porch.

This video describes how I went from being a flower essence skeptic to someone who uses them all the time.

2 comments:

Askew To You said...

This is so interesting. I had never heard of Flower Essence therapy before. I realize that you are probably very busy with your move, but would you be available for me to interview sometime in the future? I write The Scented Life blog.

Also, my mom, who was an Enviromental Horticulture major and surrounds herself with plants at all times would be fascinated with this subject. I'll show her this weekend.

The flower that I'm most focused on is the Cosmo. I love them, but I live up in Chico, CA, and they just don't thrive here. I've seen how they grow over at Mendocino or where I used to live in Yreka (Siskiyou County) and it has always made me feel that I do not belong here, because the Cosmo doesn't belong here. Not sure if that makes any sense at all.

Sheryl Karas said...

It makes sense to me that you would be attracted to whatever flower or environment that you need at any given time. (That changes though as time goes on IF you get what you need where you are!)

I'd love to do an interview with you and will try to get in touch via email if I can figure out how to do it.