Saturday, May 02, 2009

Duckling Painting


This adorable baby duck started to walk straight towards my camera before deciding to go another way. Then I took the image and turned it into a digital painting using two or three different filters in Photoshop superimposed on top of each other. I haven't been doing digital painting much anymore since I've been concentrating on taking my basic photography skills further and enjoying experimenting with different lenses and camera settings. But I really do like the softer painterly effects that can be created using software. Both Paul and I are taking another look at it.

You can find this image not only as a poster or framed or unframed fine art print by clicking the link above, it is also available on greeting cards, keychains, refrigerator magnets and on t-shirts through our brand new Zazzle shop.

4 comments:

http://www.chypre-perfume.blogspot.com/ said...

Nice duck!!

Audrey said...

They are so cute!! The ducks are nesting up here, should see some little ones in a month or so!!

Mics AKA Lunatiger said...

That's the cutest picture ever! ^_^ You have a great photographic eye.

missknits said...

soooo cute!