Friday, May 22, 2009

Petrified Forest Pictures

When I first saw these photos from our trip to the Petrified Forest I didn't think they were very good. But Paul has been inspiring me with what can be done with a little editing. I didn't do very much to these, just played with the levels to bring out colors that the camera didn't capture. The eye sees things differently -- better-- than a camera can do. And we don't realize how much we unconsciously edit and shift color balance ourselves to compensate in various light conditions. We're far more technologically advanced than any camera lens is. That's why I'm giving up my trepidation about working with things in Photoshop. The desert is an unusual environment but the more time we spend in it the more we see things to appreciate. I think if you click on the pictures you can see them larger.

3 comments:

AtHomeWithSewSuzanne said...

They are beautiful! Must have been some place to visit....

Little Dickens Designs said...

I think they are beautiful. The first one the difference from the rocks to the sky is profound!

Sheryl Karas said...

Thank you!