Tuesday, August 25, 2009

I Am Potential


I'm doing a lot of research on the internet these days in my quest for a publisher and/or literary agent for my next book. One thing led to the next and I found this website about Patrick Henry Hughes, a young man who was born permanently crippled and without eyes. But his mental capacities were intact and his family, once they learned to accept their fate, helped him develop whatever capacities he had available. Amazingly he started to play the piano at a very early age and could play whole songs on request by the age of 2. Now he and a teacher of his have written a book about his life called "I Am Potential". He's in college, plays in the school's marching band (in his wheelchair with his dad pushing it behind him) and has a pretty inspiring ability to show other people the importance of accepting what God/ the universe/life hands you and using it to bring the best of what you have to offer to the fore.

No comments: