Thursday, September 03, 2009

This and That

I've been meaning to get back to writing more in this blog but today's not really the day either. I've been way too busy doing paperwork, sending book proposals and sample chapters to publishers and literary agents, filling a couple of perfume and massage oil orders, setting up sessions. A mix of high anxiety about "doing things right" and positive intention about the present and its impact on our future.

We finally closed our Cafepress shop. We were, sadly, making more sales there and far less money at the same time so we had that harsh experience of feeling ripped off every time we actually sold something. Our Zazzle shop is coming along slowly but I've been trying to put a few things up each week. Paul's Imagekind shop, though, is being added to all the time.

Paul's been doing some great artwork photography lately. He's diving into teaching himself some pretty advanced photo editing techniques where he combines three exposures of the same shot on a tripod in order to maximize the light available in both the highlights and shadows. You can see his latest on his blog now. If you scroll down the page he'll tell you all about it.

Related Blog Posts:
Cafepress No More!
Cafepress Puts 6.5 Million Business Partners Out on the Street
The Importance of Good SEO -- What We All Can Learn from Cafepress
New Cafepress Jingle

5 comments:

Anne Vis said...

I know what it feels like, I also finally got to close my Cafepress store as I don't get paid at all. Haven't sold anything on Zazzle either though ... The traffic to Zazzle is increasing big time as you can see on compete dot com.
It sounds like you are doing all the right things to get a new direction for yourself, I wish you best of luck in your endeavors and adventures! :-)

Alicia Istanbul said...

I like what you said about doing things right with positive intention. That's really important, and sometimes easy to lose sight of.

Sheryl Karas said...

Thank you, Anne! I'll get back to you about my Flower and spirit site soon, I hope. It's taking a really long time to get everything done. Too many things coming to the top of my attention. I'm about to rewrite and add a significant piece to my book right now. . . and I didn't plan to do this piece at all. (Now I feel like it's essential!)

Sheryl Karas said...

Thank you Alicia for your comment, too. Sometimes remembering my heart when I'm just trying to forge ahead is the hardest part of all!

blueditty said...

Wow! I had no idea this was going on Cafe Press. When does a big company ever make enough money?
I guess it doesn't pay to count on any of them.
Thanks for offering such a well written article.