Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Floral Acupuncture

I remembered yet another book on my Flower Essence bookshelf to recommend. Floral Acupuncture: Applying the Flower Essences of Dr. Bach to Acupuncture Sites by Deborah Craydon & Warren Bellows. This is really of specialized interest to acupuncturists and flower essence practitioners who have a good understanding of the acupuncture meridians and the mind/body/spirit connections associated with each one. But what's interesting about it is that it uses flower essences to stimulate the acupuncture points instead of needles. This could be invaluable for practitioners interested in offering needle-less acupuncture or who want to extend their complimentary healing practice further.

I have worked with the acupuncture meridians extensively using energy healing and intention alone with great results. But I frequently want to use a modality that will support a person's growth over time through daily practice. That's why I created my own flower essence aromatherapy products at all! So when I first saw this book a lightbulb went off. Could I use one of my flower essence aromatherapy formulas with the acupuncture meridians and what would be the results?

Amazing success, that's what!

I started doing this with a custom formula I created to deal with breast pain and tenderness I used to experience before my period every month since I was 11 years old. In recent years -- perimenopause -- this pain had gotten intense, couldn't sleep on my stomach or side, and it developed into a chronic thing that lasted in some form all month long. I was fairly miserable so I finally decided to address it.

Using medical intuition I identified that the main problem had to do with early childhood bonding problems and fear and grief associated with my mom in the womb. I could say a lot more but the most important thing to know is that the body produces a cascade of neurochemicals as a result of emotionally laden thought. My mom actually participated in a medical research study with the famous reproductive endocrinologist Luigi Mastroianni while she was pregnant with me that showed quite conclusively that babies in the womb respond to their mother's emotions. Suffice it to say, if a pregnant mom has sufficient reason to be concerned about bringing a child into the world or whether that child is actually okay her child will sense it.

I used my spiritual guidance to help pick flower essences for my situation and then felt inspired to use it every day in a skin cream I like to use after my shower. I was drawn to use it on the Kidney meridian as well as on my breasts and over my liver area. There are multiple reasons for that -- you'd have to know more about acupuncture than I want to get into here -- but the upshot was this:

After one month of doing this every day the breast pain I had experienced my whole adult life was gone -- not improved -- GONE. I continued using the formula for a couple more weeks, then "forgot" to use it anymore. The breast pain has not returned. It's now several years later.

I honestly can't recommend Floral Acupuncture for beginners in Flower Essence work. And I certainly can't say that flower essences and acupuncture alone will be sufficient for healing a physical or emotional disorder in every case. But it's a powerful combination and for those ready to deepen their holistic healing practice further or add Flower Essences to their acupuncture or acupressure work, I highly recommend it!

2 comments:

Anne Vis said...

How interesting, I have never heard of this before. I guess you need to know a lot about both acupuncture and essences to work it well. I did find another way to work with acupuncture without needles: colorpuncture. It works with directed light in different colors. I have not seen the dramatic result that you describe, but it works in subtle way.

Sheryl Karas said...

That's interesting, too! I was introduced to needle-less acupuncture through a friend who does Jin Shin Do, a form of acupressure. She directs Reiki into the points now and it works even better.