Monday, July 26, 2010

More Flower Essence Resource Books

After I finished my last blog post about Flower Essence books I realized I had several more that I depend on from time to time. I also have several that were extremely instrumental in being a useful introduction to Flower Essences for me that I don't need anymore. But that doesn't mean they wouldn't be truly valuable to someone else, especially if they were just starting out.

The first books that stand out are those written by the inventor of this kind of healing work, Dr. Edward Bach. Dr. Bach was an immunologist and homeopathic physician who devoted a good part of his life to researching and developing the Bach Flower Remedies. His works "Heal Thyself" and "The Twelve Healers" are great introductions. I also found them invaluable in understanding the mindset and beliefs that fueled his work. Both of his relatively short books plus one by F.J. Wheeler, M.D. called "The Bach Remedies Repertory" are included in The Bach Flower Remedies, shown at the left.






On the other hand, I received my initial introduction on how to use flower essences from Patricia Kaminski and Richard Katz of the Flower Essence Society. Patricia's book, Flowers That Heal, takes the work of Dr. Bach and brings it into the realm of psychotherapy and spiritual growth. It also includes the pioneering work she and her husband have done in expanding the original Bach repertory to include North American flowers and includes very clear precise step by step instruction in how to choose flower essences and use them in a variety of situations. There are lots of photographs and case examples.





 Another introductory text on my shelf is The Encyclopedia of Bach Flower Therapy by Mechthild Scheffer. Scheffer's book has beautiful full color photographs of every flower in the Bach Repertory but not the North American, Australian, or any other ones. However, it does have some extraordinary-looking illustrations (aura photos?) that indicate energy patterns of the flowers themselves and very helpful descriptions of when to use specific Bach remedies. I recommend it to anyone wanting to work within the realm of the original Bach remedies alone.







My favorite book for people who want to dive deep into the psychological significance of the archetypal patterns Bach was addressing in his original remedies is Advanced Bach Flower Therapy: A Scientific Approach to Diagnosis and Treatment by Gotz Blome, M.D. As a person with a degree in Transpersonal Psychology this book truly hit the mark for me. It helped me see more clearly the underlying life history and resulting patterns that would lead to certain dysfunctions. For anyone who wants to be a professional in the world of Flower Essence Therapy I would consider this to be a required text!

1 comment:

lbc flower delivery philippines said...

Nice post! thanks for sharing this "More Flower Essence Resource Books" I am well informed. Keep posting.


-yumi-