Wednesday, August 11, 2010

The Rains Have Brought the Wildlife Out

The recent Arizona monsoon rains have brought some amazing changes. One, the grass is green! Two, there are frogs in the desert and we saw a HUGE one sitting at the foot of our stairs last night. Lots of tiny tadpoles in the cow pond that is full now but stayed almost completely dry last year. Fresh antelope tracks with mountain lion tracks a short distance behind. All within a very short distance from our back yard. Here's a photo of a frog Paul took in Port Townsend, Washington. This one was miniscule compared to the one we saw last night but both times I found it an amazing sight. http://www.etsy.com/listing/36949137/frog-in-a-camp-chair-original-art-glass

2 comments:

jdavissquared said...

I've always loved frogs. We have two little frogs {or maybe toads?} that live in our yard. I see them every day when I water my plants. :)

found you via etsy forums, I hope you'll come visit me too!

http://jdavissquared.blogspot.com

Celtic Cat said...

Love the Frog!