Saturday, May 21, 2011

Green-Cross Gentian for Troubled Times

Poster from the United Kingdom reading "K...Image via WikipediaWhen I was unpacking my Mama Love supplies recently after several challenging moves, I came across a bottle of Green-Cross Gentian. It's a flower essence I use for situations when things feel so hard I don't know where I'm going to find the courage to carry on. "I ought to be using this right now." I thought to myself so I tried it singly instead of in combination with other flower essences as I usually do.

Interesting. I thought it would make me feel strong, able to leap tall buildings in a single bound -- which is what I wanted it to do. Instead I felt strangely calm -- like the calm in the center of a storm. Calm? I don't want to feel calm! I want to feel energetic, able to do amazing things! But the calm increased and finally I realized that's probably what my inner psyche needs after all.

"Keep Calm and Carry On" was a poster produced in Great Britain during the Second World War. It was intended to raise public morale and has now been revived and has become very popular in recent years.  Superhuman strength is something an adrenalized person might call on in an emergency on a very temporary basis. You know, the mom who somehow lifts her car off her injured child when she couldn't possibly be able to do that otherwise. But that kind of intensity can not (and must not) be maintained for long. For longer-haul crisis keeping some kind of groundedness and inner peace is really essential for long-term success.

I use Green-Cross Gentian as a key ingredient in my Mama Love for Troubled Times formula -- the formula that put me into business as a flower essence aromatherapy producer.

1 Dram Oil

1 oz. oil

2 oz. Oil

1 oz. Spray

2 oz. Spray


No comments: