Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Whose Hand Is This?!!!

The last four years of Republican stonewalling and holding our government hostage is coming to a head this weekend and I can't help but feel like it's about time! But what does Boehner do as a rebuttal to the assertations that Obama made about this in his latest speech about the debt ceiling talks collapsing? Despite us all watching for four years as the Republicans have played this game he said something to the effect of "Who, me? There's no crisis here. If there's a stonewalling happening in government it has nothing to do with me and the rest of the Republicans in office!"

It reminds me of gropers on the Boston subway system. I used to live near Boston and took the subway to work everyday. At rush hour we would all be packed like sardines in the subway cars and sometimes some pervert would get his kicks molesting any woman he was smashed up against. But if you'd confront them the response was always the same. They'd look around like you were mistaken and make a gesture and say something to the effect of "What are you talkin' about? Are you crazy, woman? What are you lookin' at me for?"

So I developed a better strategy. Any time I felt some pervert's hand at my crotch I didn't confront. I'd grab his hand, hold it above my head and yell: "Whose hand is this?!!! I found it in my crotch!!!!"

I recommend we all start using this approach with the Republican coup being orchestrated right in plain sight. Call them out. Call them to task. Make them squirm and make it impossible for them to get away with it.

A Facebook post is being circulated right now and I think it's just the tip of the iceberg of what a lot of us are feeling:
Repost and then CALL YOUR CONGRESSMAN if you agree: Entitlement? I've PAID CASH for my Social Security insurance! Our benefits aren't some kind of charity or handout! Congressional benefits--premium Federal health care, outrageous retirement packages, 67 paid holidays, three weeks paid vacation, unlimited paid sick days--now THAT'S welfare!
We have paid for the benefits the Republicans want to get rid of. It's been deducted out of every one of our paychecks our entire lives.

No comments: