Saturday, December 29, 2012

Using Walnut Flower Essence in a Formula to Open the Heart

 I've been updating labels for my Mama Love Flower Essence Aromatherapy products so how I created each one is on my mind a bit. Tonight I worked on Open-Hearted Loving and found myself musing over the use of Walnut flower essence in it. This is a mostly guided formula so it wasn't what I might have chosen if left to my own understanding at the time I made it. But tonight it made sense. Here's what the Flower Essence Society says about this essence, one of the original Bach flower remedies:

Walnut Flower Essence

Positive qualities: Freedom from limiting influences, making healthy transitions in life, inner strength to follow one's own path and destiny

Patterns of imbalance:
Overly influenced by the social expectations or values of family or community, past experiences or beliefs that inhibit the soul's evolution 

An interesting choice to put into a formula for loving relationships. And yet I find that in the midst of relationship issues that would otherwise tend to polarize us the biggest factors I have to struggle with are the beliefs I have been indoctrinated with that fuel my anxieties and infect the situation with suspicion, doubt, incrimination and pain. "How could anyone act that way?!! He/she must be.... [fill in the blank with some kind of condemnation]" or sometimes worse "There must be something wrong with me for being with him/her."

It's hard to keep one's heart open with those thoughts going on. In fact, these beliefs were taught to us to keep us safe by not allowing a too open heart to get in the way of what many people think of as wisdom. Being too soft-hearted is a bit of a concern. You let people "get away with murder" with too soft a heart. At least that's what we're taught. But that's not what Open-Hearted Loving is about. You can set limits and boundaries with an open heart. You can get divorced, move out and still love. And you can have heart-to-heart conversations and work the tough stuff out. It's about having faith enough to have those conversations and make decisions together from a place of trust, not fear.

1 dram oil

1 oz oil

2 oz oil

1 oz Spray

2 oz Spray


No comments: