Friday, October 18, 2013

Healing Projects Using Flower Essences

Have you ever created a "healing project" for yourself using flower essences? This is a subject near and dear to me because it is my amazing successes with several of such projects that convinced me to make it easier for other people to benefit from flower essences, too.

Early in my training—before I had even had much luck using them for myself— I gave flower essences to my cat Chloe on my vet's advice. The transformation was beyond obvious. When I brought her home from the animal shelter she was terrified to be touched. But when I gave her Mariposa Lily she reacted positively within minutes and let me pet her as long as she was safe in the box she had adopted as her cat bed. Within a week she started to initiate cuddling with me in my bed. And in a month other changes occurred: she was regularly cuddling with me now but the biggest surprise was the state of her health. She came home from the animal shelter with a cough and that disappeared. Not only that, her fur which had been greasy and full of dandruff became beautiful, soft and clean (without me traumatizing her more by bathing her).

Then I did a dramatic test in my own life. I chose what I assumed would be a difficult issue: shyness and Christmas-time depression. You can read the full story elsewhere on my blog but the results were sweet. I went from dreading Christmas to delightfully joining in without any decision or forethought beyond trying flower essences for the purpose. I just woke up one day, about a month after I started the project, and had a new thought about the holiday: I was brought up Jewish but why don't I shop for a Christmas gift for one of my friends and decorate my house with purple decorations instead of red and green and play along? I almost talked myself out of it but the feeling was strong so I gave in and found myself singing along to the piped in holiday music and chatting happily with other shoppers—two things I thought I would never do.

Since then I have done numerous successful experiments and can share some tips for people wanting to embark on a flower essence healing journey of their own.

1. First of all, it is important to get very familiar with flower essences, trust your intuition, choose between 1-5 flower essences or use a premixed formula that seems to fit, or ask for help choosing. If you want me to briefly check my intuition (for free) to help you choose one of my premixed formulas you could send me an email and tell me the one issue you most want to focus on. If that's not clear or you have more than one issue that seem to intersect, or you need a custom formula that's not on my list I offer hour long flower essence consultations to help you along. I also offer less expensive custom formulas without an hour-long consultation on that same page.

2. Try to choose one issue to focus on if at all possible but, if you want to work on more than one, separate when you take the formulas or when you use  my oils or sprays. For example, I often work on more than one issue by applying one of my oils when I get out of the shower in the morning and a different formula later in the day. I might even work on a third issue (insomnia, for example) by using a third formula just before going to bed at night.

3. Use the formula every day at close to the same time(s). The formulas should be used at least once a day but 2-3 times a day (or more in acute situations like panic) is recommended. I find getting into a habit of using my essences with every meal works well or once in the morning when I do my morning bathroom routine and once at night during the evening routine. Create whatever routine is easiest.

4. Don't give up on them if you don't feel results immediately! Don't give up on them if you don't feel results immediately! Don't give up on them if you don't feel results immediately! I feel like I can't say this enough. I respond immediately and viscerally to many of my formulas when I most need them so in the past I might have been tempted to say that if you need them that's the way they will work for you. Well, it's not true! I'm a sensitive creature but even I have found that continuing to use a formula that might not seem to be immediately working is often the most important thing to do. In acute situations you might have an immediate set of reactions but for longer-standing issues—ones you've become accustomed to, for instance, or ones you've lived with for many years—you might not notice your feelings dramatically shift right away. Or you might have an immediate reaction and then feel like the formula "stops working". Keep with it! The rule of thumb is at least one month. Some issues seem to take two months or three.

For example, my Mama Love for PMS, Postpartum and Menopause Support is one I'm using right now. I know from past experience with PMS that this one needs to be used regularly for up to two months. (Some people say three before the condition stabilizes and they don't need it anymore.) But menopause is kicking my ass and I've been SO focused on the physical manifestations that I had been neglecting to use this formula I more commonly associate with emotional mood swings. "I'm not just dealing with MOOD SWINGS and I don't want to wait two months for this formula to work!" I'd tantrum in my most mood-swingy way. But after months of not enough improvement without it I added it to my new routines of doctor-prescribed iron and prenatal vitamins, rest and good decisions about what I choose to do with my life. And this combination of things is finally doing me a significant amount of good. Given that I'm doing so much at once I can't say how much my formula is affecting me on its own but I do know one thing. Even though I don't always notice a dramatic difference when I use it, when I forget to use it my body seems to long for that formula. I feel like I'm pining for it until I use it and then I feel at ease and good again. After three years of intense menopausal disruption, if it takes a couple of months or more to stabilize doing this new routine, that's okay with me.

No comments: