Tuesday, November 12, 2013

Rest! The Flower Essence of the Day is Aloe Vera

Illustration for Aloe Vera Flower Essence
Well, that's appropriate. I decided to use Aloe Vera as part of a personal combination a few days ago and had been reluctant to do as much work lately, probably as a result. I had been burning the candle at both ends and have a slight tickle-cough I don't want to see progress. It's been hard to get myself to stop working and go to bed.

This is often true of me. I LIKE feeling energized and fret when the desire to do things goes away. I recognize that I also have a real need for rest and relaxation but in true Libra fashion I tend to swing from one end of the scale to the other. Lately, the scales have been tipped way too far out of balance.

Aloe Vera is a desert plant. It lives where it is hot and dry and it has a vigorous kind of way of being. But if you break off a piece the first thing you notice is its cooling gel-like inner core. So soothing if you have a sunburn! And that's a great indication of what the flower essence can do —provide a balance for someone on the edge of burning out. It's great to have an inner fire to get things done but if the fire burns too fiercely it wears you out.

Aloe Vera does not stop the the creative fires from burning. On the contrary, it simply moderates the energies and balances it with the ability to feel and be a little bit more. So that when my spirit says "Time to go to bed, Sheryl!" I might notice that I'm actually tired and resist the urge to to push on "just a little more."

Related Post:
Aloe Vera Flower Essence for Balance

No comments: