Tuesday, January 14, 2014

Give Me Comfort (and Joy Would Be Even Better)

Ever feel like this?

"I'm not depressed, not REALLY, but I wish I felt . . . I don't know . . . BETTER! I'm okay. I have good days and bad ones but my good days aren't super great and my bad ones really get me down. I get scared that maybe things won't work out. Or maybe, not well enough. You know, I've been on this road a long time and I'm still not where I want to be. But it's okay. I just wish I felt like it was okay a little more often. I want to feel like my life isn't all about work and being concerned about the future. I want to feel like I did when I was 20. Open, looking forward to my life. Like maybe something really cool will happen!"

I was restocking my Comfort and Joy flower essence aromatherapy formula tonight and deliberately "spilled" some on myself. It smells SO good! I love this one so I thought I'd relate what this formula is meant to do. Here's what's in it:

Larch Flower Essence: for feeling better about the future, feeling better about the outcomes of what you're trying to do, for believing that maybe it will all work out. It heals a habit of believing the worst about one's self or, worse, excessive belief that one's work or choices won't be well received by others. It's a good one for anyone lacking confidence or someone who is afraid to break out of their shell and try new things.

Rock Water Flower Essence: for lightening up about impossible "shoulds." Are rigid standards and self-denial getting to you? Maybe you need to enjoy the ride? Rock Water is intended to allow for more spontaneity in your life, to give yourself space for fun, enjoying the possibilities of life and not just soldiering on and on.

Zinnia Flower Essence: Want to recapture the joyful enthusiasm of your youth? Zinnia is about joy, playfulness, humor. It's not just about having fun—but for believing that you can bring an attitude of active engagement, joy and enthusiasm to whatever you do!

Cedarwood Essential Oil:  For emotional fortitude and groundedness. You know, to go with the flow and loosen up. After all, you need to feel up for the ride, more relaxed, not so tight or nervous.

Bergamot Essential Oil: Also balances the emotions and eases depression and anxiety.

Cinnamon Essential Oil: Cinnamon helps relieve tension while waking up the senses. Just a touch of this is used because this essential oil is really strong but it adds a little needed spice.

Add it all up and you have comfort mixed with joy.


No comments: