Thursday, July 17, 2014

The Making of Mama Love Triple Strength Flower Essence Aromatherapy Balms

I'm excited about my new line of flower essence aromatherapy balms. I'm enjoying them as perfumes because at triple strength they are definitely strong enough. But I'm making them for a variety of emotionally-healing purposes and my ingredients are infused with Reiki to make them even more effective. I'm deep into making them now and should have them up for sale really soon! If you're reading this blog by the end of July 2014 you'll find them on my Mama Love website here.

The process starts with getting everything set and ready to go. At this point I'm making eight at a time. I have my beeswax starting to melt on the stove and I've mixed my flower essences and essential oils with organic jojoba oil in a very scientific feeling beaker with a just cleaned and sterilized chopstick.
 Here's a close-up of my empty glass containers. All clean and shiny!
Now they are filled but not yet cooled.
After they are cool and hardened I put the caps on.
And here's the final product, labelled and ready to be placed in the box just behind it. I think the boxes came out cute! I've been printing the labels at home and wrapping my boxes by hand. Maybe I'll get them directly printed someday but for now it's all handmade!

No comments: