Wednesday, January 28, 2015

Organic Calendula for Happy Skin!

I just added dried Organic Calendula petals to my Etsy shop. Wonderful golden Calendula is worth having around just for their decorative effect. A favorite artisan cheese maker I know decorates their delicious goat cheese with it. A favorite soapmaker does the same.

But I know this herb best infused in jojoba oil for its famous skin-soothing effects. It's very easy to do if you want to try it for yourself. Pack a jar with dried Calendula petals, add oil, shake it up and put it in a cool dark place for several weeks. Shake it every few days. Strain the infused oil through cheesecloth, squeezing it well to retain every drop, and then have fun! Use it as a face or bodycare oil or add it to your favorite skin cream recipe.

You could also brew up a pot of Calendula tea and add that to your bodycare products, add it to your bath water, use it for a hair rinse, etc.

And, of course, you can drink it! (But I never have.) It looks really pretty in black tea blends. I'm going to try Earl Grey with Chrysanthemum Flowers and Calendula some time. (I'll let you know how it tastes if I do!)

Buy Calendula in my Etsy shop!

No comments: