Thursday, January 15, 2015

Wild Chrysanthemum Flowers Make Great Tea!

Here's an herb tea ingredient you might not be familiar with. Wild Chrysanthemum is the symbol of Japan and is one of the most revered herbs in traditional Eastern medicine. Legend has it that you should drink Chrysanthemum Tea to ensure a long life. I've been drinking it mixed with Honeysuckle, Peppermint, Cinnamon and Licorice in a blend I call Long Life and Prosperity.

I understand that many herbalists think it is helpful for people going through periods of stress--that's why I'm giving it a try. It is cooling from a Chinese Medicine point of view and is oddly known for both relaxing effects and helping people stay more alert. I've probably interfered with my ability to judge that effect by mixing it with so many other ingredients...but I am liking the taste!

Buy it in my Etsy shop!

No comments: