Friday, February 13, 2015

Impressions of Chico and Santa Cruz in a Painting

When I left Santa Cruz I was ready to go and I didn't think I'd miss it. When I moved back to California after a two year stay in Arizona I never expected I wouldn't make it all the way back home. Chico isn't a bad place. It's actually quite sweet, very small town-like in feel. It has a pretty fun older downtown with lots of trees surrounded on almost all sides by almond orchards and lots of lovely hiking trails. But it's not the coast! (In fact, it's almost unbearably hot in the summer.)

Still I like it much of the year. We may move again... or get ourselves to the beach in the summer. In the meantime, there's "No Time Like the Present" and that's the name of this painting. It depicts my impressions of Chico with a hint of nostalgia for Santa Cruz in the clock tower.

Available now as a print in my Etsy shop.

No comments: