Thursday, July 23, 2015

I'm in Another Juried Show!

Rebirth, © 2013 Sheryl Karas
This piece has been selected for the National All Media Juried Exhibition at the Chico Art Center, here in Chico, CA. It's done in pastel and acrylic on cradled panel and is called "Rebirth." It depicts a Desert Sagebrush blowing in the wind and represents the sometimes chaotic process of renewal after a devastating defeat.

This is a relatively large piece for pastel: 30" x 30." I'm pretty proud of it because I was able to capture the feeling I wanted to express pretty well. It's also the most successful piece I have done using techniques I've been innovating that allow me to use pastels without the need for framing.

The show will run from July 24 to August 14 at the CAC, 450 Orange Street, Chico, CA. There is a reception tomorrow, Friday, July 24, from 5:00-7:00 pm. See you there!

No comments: