Sunday, February 26, 2017

Sell Mama Love Flower Essence Aromatherapy

I'm currently expanding out of my comfort zone to attract new stores for Mama Love. I am already selling my products in a variety of venues across the United States and in other countries, but in recent years most of my stores have approached me. (Mama Love is a little shy about selling.) What has been useful about this is that I've learned where Mama Love does best. Oddly, it's not where I expected!

When I first started out I envisioned Mama Love in every Whole Foods in the country! (ha ha ha). The problem with that idea, I found out soon enough, is that 1) I don't have the advertising budget to pay for premium shelf space and 2) large grocery stores expect larger returns and do far less to sell your products than the smaller boutiques that typically approach me. Shock of my life was when the Whole Foods-like chain of natural food, health, bath and beauty products in Santa Cruz was horribly disappointed with HIGHER sales than the boutique a few streets away who was ecstatic! Not that size or not being a grocery store matters—one of my stores is a quite large organic food and health-oriented grocery store—but mindset is everything.

WHO BENEFITS MOST BY STOCKING MAMA LOVE

• Places that put a spotlight on health, well-being and personal care products made of all-natural ingredients that are good for you and a pleasure to use. For example, New Earth Market in Chico or Radiance Herbs and Massage in Olympia, WA.

• Places with a customer base that appreciates organic ingredients (see above examples).

• Places that put a spotlight on handmade products (especially from California, the west coast, or the United States). For example, Made in Chico, in my hometown.

• Personal growth and spiritually-oriented businesses like retreat centers, and spiritual bookshop/gift stores with a section of the store devoted to related items (other aromatherapy, bath and beauty products). (Visitors to Esalen, that only has a tiny bookstore, love visiting the Phoenix shop just down the road!)

• Bohemian-style gift and clothing stores with a bath and beauty section. For example, Warm NY in New York City and the Phoenix Shop at Nepenthe in Big Sur.

• Alternative healing practitioners like massage therapists, herbalists, acupuncturists, chiropractors, naturopaths and holistic healing centers or large yoga studios with gift shops. Evolve Movement in Raleigh, North Carolina and Radiance Herbs and Massage are two examples.

WHO DOES BEST SELLING MAMA LOVE

People who try Mama Love, like the concept behind it, place a display or nice selection of sprays at counter height in a good location near other aromatherapy products (or near the checkout counter), and encourage people to use one of the testers and try some.

FIND OUT MORE

At my website, for general information, or by contacting me here to get my wholesale list and a few photos sent directly to you via email.

No comments: